Have you ever experienced thinning or falling hair? You are not alone. As well as hair loss after pregnancy, which is a common condition, around eight million women in the UK suffer from general hair thinning at some point in their lives. The average age for it to become a problem is 25 to 35 years.
Causes of hair loss
Alopecia is a disease that causes hair loss. There are different kinds of alopecia which range from the total loss of all hair from your head and body, including eyelashes and eyebrows, to patchy hair loss.
Causes of this condition are still unkown in many cases, but there are contributory factors, including:
- Stress: stressful episodes can cause hair loss, but this is mostly temporary.
- Sudden weight loss: sudden weight loss can cause a shock to your body and in turn make your hair fall out temporarily.
- Post pregnancy: again this is usually temporary and due to the change in hormones throughout and after your pregnancy.
- Menopause: women’s hair generally thins with age but is more noticeable after the menopause.
- Reaction to medication: some medications may cause temporary hair loss due to the stress caused on the body.
- a thyroid disorder: hypothyroidism, or an under-active thyroid.
Remedies for hair loss
There are over-the-counter treatments available, and research into restoring growth after hair loss is one of the Holy Grails of the medical industry.
If you're worried about thinning hair rather than downright loss, there are products you can use to add volume. You might like to try these hair boosting products.
Alternatively, depending on the cause of your hair loss, there are a variety of steps you can take to boost growth or control the drop.
One new product that is getting good early reports is a range of treatments from Nanogen. Products range from shampoo and conditioner to help boost volume, to a plant-derived growth factor serum that you run on affected areas to encourage re-growth.
Nanogen Serum VEGF supports your follicles to maintain hair growth, ensure nutrients and oxygen reach your hair, allowing it to grow, and acts against the factors that cause your hair to fall.
Unlike some other commercial treatments, Nanogen Serum VEGF is non-drying and non-irritating.
Does it work?
Our tester tried it for a month and was extremely impressed.
She says, 'My hair is very thin in places and I haven't had any joy with supplements or other treatments. I applied Nanogen Serum VEGF to my scalp every night before bed as advised and have been amazed at the difference it's made. There are definite signs of regrowth in areas that were previously patchy. I'll definitely be carrying on with the treatment.'