Kaizer Chiefs have released a statement on the protracted signing of Matthew Rusike from National First Division side Jomo Cosmos.
Cosmos announced last Friday that they would no longer challenge Rusike's move to Naturena, despite insisting they recently exercised a two-year extension on his contract.
Ezenkosi boss Jomo Sono told his club's website: "My kids deliberated extensively on the matter and made me realise that I was glorifying Matthew Rusike rather unnecessarily, that I must just let him go.
"We signed Rusike when he had no team, and as a matter of fact, he wasn't even starting most of our games last season. However, we feel there's no point taking the matter any further.
"This situation takes me back to the case of Fortune Koloba during which I almost lost my life. So my kids said I must let Rusike go and he must enjoy his stay at Chiefs.
"Sometimes it's not just about the principle. Sometimes you must just let the principle go. Rusike's situation won't put us down at Cosmos, and we'll continue with our tradition of discovering and nurturing players to stardom.
"Pursuing this case further may have negative ramifications as we don't want Chiefs supporters attacking us in the streets thinking we don't want to release Rusike to them.
"Which is why we have decided to withdraw the appeal with immediate effect, and use this opportunity to wish Rusike the very best of his stay at Chiefs."
Amakhosi released a statement on Monday, which read: 'Kaizer Chiefs would like to emphasise that the club is not involved in the dispute between the player, Matthew Rusike and Jomo Cosmos and respects the process involving the two parties as unfolding through the PSL Dispute Resolution Chamber.
'The club notes with concern the media reports quoting various quarters dragging the club's name into the matter with malicious intent.
'Matthew Rusike was granted permission to continue with his career at Kaizer Chiefs last week by the PSL Resolution Chamber.'