According to a new poll out today, women know they’ve found ‘The One’ when friends and family like him too. Ladies admitted that their ideal man is someone who would give them emotional stability while getting the thumbs-up from loved ones.
And men? Apparently physical attraction, compatibility and the fact they’re not lusting after other women is the biggest sign they’re loved-up.
Here in the Cosmo office we’ve been mulling it over too – just how do you know when it’s time to kiss goodbye to the single life? We asked you (and yes, we asked guys too) for 10 signs you’ve found ‘The One’...
1. “You’re in love when you don’t have to rush to the bathroom to clean your teeth/put your make up on/take your retainer out. Basically, you don't feel you have to be 'perfect' in front of them - because they've made you feel amazing, regardless of how gross you're being.”
2. " I think that when you don't feel the need to talk about it you know they are The One. When you don't endlessly analyse or pick apart every little thing they do with your mates I think that means you are ultimately secure and confident in your relationship.”
3. “When he makes you laugh all the time! My other half and I don’t go a day without a good giggle, even after a really crap day he'll do a little dance or something seriously stupid to cheer me up. It’s definitely love.”
4. “When you feel comfortable farting in front of them and still find each other attractive even in the most unattractive of moments.”
5. “You know they’re The One once you’ve made it through simultaneous food poisoning bouts after a romantic meal out. That’s love, trust me. ”
6. “When he makes you a pie for elevenses, just ‘because’. Swoon.”
7. “Even after 10 years together, I still just want to be with him/see him/be around him all the time. He knows me better than anyone else and he just 'gets' me and I 'get' him. So I think you just kind of know … it's weird!”
8. “For me it’s about open doors. Like leaving the door open while taking a wee – once you’ve done that, it’s LOVE.”
9. “When you’re happy to put their interests above yours (e.g. move to a rubbish part of town for their job, spend the money you set aside for a new bike on something nice for them instead etc.) and you do it because you want to, not because you’re trying to score points.”
10. “When he holds your hair back mid-puke. He’s a keeper.”
Most Popular Videos
1 - 4 of 100