Marc Jacobs has designed everything from handbags and runway frocks to perfumes and Diet Coke cans, so his upcoming makeup collection (launching 9 August) has us very excited indeed.
Why? When we have some many other (Chanel, Dior, Yves Saint Laurent) fashion-to-beauty cross-overs already? We'll tell you why...
1) Colour. There's no tip-toeing here, Marc is heading straight into beauty with a full throttle colour collection. Set to carry his penchant for vivid hues right onto our faces, this should be bright, bold and beautifully different.
2) He's adaptable. Be it a couture collection, the Louis Vuitton legacy or Diet Coke can, Marc can twist his own trademark whimsy into something that just 'fits'. Ladybug spots one day and classic LV Monograms the next? Not a problem.
3) He knows women. After growing up with his grandmother, adopting Kate Moss as his best friend for life and spending his life creating season upon season of rapturous womenswear, Marc knows what we want. Clairvoyant style.
4) Handbags. What Marc Jacobs doesn't know about handbags probably only exists in a far away realm. So when it comes to products we can accessorise well with and pop in our bags afterwards, he's sure to be our man, right?
5) Quality. Marc Jacobs doesn't get involved unless he can nail it, own it and celebrate it. So with news that he may be stepping down from Louis Vuitton in February, and that he's just taken on two new designers to help at his eponymous brand, we're pretty excited about some new MJ prestige.
6) Fragrance. From Daisy to Lola via all their varieties and special editions, Marc Jacobs fragrance is resolutely feminine, fresh and fun. Now imagine all that in a makeup range. Yeah? Yeah!
KATIE HILLIER & LUELLA BARTLEY TAKE OVER MARC JACOBS
RIHANNA'S NEW SUMMER MAC MAKEUP COLLECTION LAUNCHES TODAY
TOP 5 SKIN HEALING HOLIDAY DESTINATIONS
Picture Of The Day
1 - 1 of 1
Today on Yahoo
1 - 6 of 30
Most Popular Videos
1 - 4 of 100